Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The Race Against Time!

It's been a while since I have posted and I apologize to all of my readers...basically just my mom then! Haha! It has been a crazy couple of weeks. I've had Counselor Training at IRBC, Easter services and a whirlwind trip to Michigan.

Keri's grandfather passed away about 2 weeks ago. He was a believer and a wonderful man of God. It is a tough time nonetheless when someone you love passes away. Of course we were not going to miss the funeral so we loaded up our car and took a road trip to Michigan. Although it was for a funeral, it was great spending time with Keri's sister and brother-in-law and their two boys, Jack and Silas. It was a blast, it was also good seeing several relatives who I met at our wedding and haven't seen since and meet some other relatives for the first time.

It was a great but fast trip. We left Tuesday evening and were back by Thursday evening. One aspect of Keri that I appreciate is that our travel philosophy is the same. Only stop when you need gas or someone is going to get sick. When I am on the road and heading somewhere, I am on a mission! That's how we traveled when I was a kid and am glad that Keri feels the same way.

I grew up reading an atlas, my mother taught me and that is what she always used to direct our vacation and were rarely if ever got lost. But now there are things called GPS. I like GPS as well as an atlas. But there is something about a GPS that helps Keri and I pass the time. It's called the "Estimated Time of Arrival".

It has become a game to us. We plug in our route and see when the GPS thinks we will arrive at our finish line. And then we try to beat it! Of course the easy way is to speed a little, and I'm not going to say I don't but I do go with the flow of traffic. This estimated time of arrival has turned our gas stops into pit stops, where we run in and out of the gas station, going to the bathroom as fast as we can just so we don't lose time! Of course you always lose a little, and I know that my wife and I are not the only people who try and beat the GPS. Am I right or am I right?!?!?

So next time you plug in your GPS you better get in the passing lane or draft behind some one or don't drink any liquids ;-) because it's a race against the clock!

Try and keep up!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Pastor Greg, we are gonna have so much fun on the missions trip as your and our philosophies are so much the same!! Funny, we call the GPS Babbette and we really like to make her "recalculate" as we find better routes according to the map. Yes, we still use maps!!

    ReplyDelete