Friday, September 30, 2011

The Love of Mowing

I love to mow. 

I love to mow alot. Just ask my wife! When we moved to Mason City we considered several different things and consulted several different people but one thing that I liked was the opportunity to volunteer out at camp. Now I am not handy like my dad, I can't cook, and you don't want me in the office...so what can I do? I mow. And it's awesome! My favorite days during the summer are my Mondays because they are my day off and I get to mow. That's the thing about grass, it usually keeps growing! 


My affection with mowing started when I was young. I would follow my dad around with my toy mower while he would be mowing the yard. Soon after that I would be the one mowing. Then I got a job with the J&S Turf Team in town and that's where my addiction finally paid off...literally! I learned how to stripe the grass and how to mow around trees properly. How to mow a lawn and not blow any grass on the driveways and sidewalks! Plus, the mowers we used were a lot bigger than the Lawn Boy mower at home!

It's amazing how God works things together. I still get to mow. I turn on the mower, I turn on my iPod, I put on my sunscreen ;-) and I tune out the world! It always feels when you finish mowing some grass. You really accomplished something until you need to do it again and I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment