Thursday, September 29, 2011

Spiritual Leadership

Welp...it's been a while since my last post! About 3 months to be precise. Now I know all of you have thrown your hands up in protest but I am sorry. I've been a bit busy, part lazy and a lot forgetful. So here we go...hopefully I'll be a bit more consistent in the near future!

We've started up our weekly bible study for our Senior Highers this past week. The girl are going through a book entitled "A Young Woman Who Reflects the Heart of Jesus". The guys will be starting this week, we're reading "Spiritual Leadership" by J. Oswald Sanders.

I've read this book several times and highlighted many of the pages but it's been refreshing to read it again now that I am in a position of leadership. Not only as a youth pastor but as a husband. God's command to husbands to love and direct and lead their wives is apparent in scripture. It is something that I think is lacking in today's churches. It's interesting to look at the strong women in the church but where are the men? I am not saying there are no men who are spiritual leaders anywhere but there should be more! We need to man up and take our God given responsibility to lead our families and churches in a Godly, selfless way. It's amazing to see how God works when we work how He wants us to!

No comments:

Post a Comment